Monday, September 25, 2017

Fixing Copper Header Gasket Leak

All that's left after our valvetrain update is to reattach the H-pipe.

I use a performance copper reusable header gasket for my large port header pipes.
I was noticing a sealing issue. To resolve that issue I cut slits in the header allowing for a tighter fit rather than spending a fortune trying to machine the header to head contact surface. Separating the ports allows you to create a tighter fit. I ran a saw saw through twice and as you can see it left a nice gap and a tighter fit when bolting down.










No comments:

Post a Comment